Are You New To Yoga?
- Everybody was in your shoes (or stood in your place) at some point in the past. Embrace being a novice! Be present and relax yourself!
- Make sure you always arrive at least 30 minutes before the class. We are here to welcome you with a big smile.
- Don’t compare yourself with others. You are on your own mat, listen to the teacher, check your alignment and be present.
- Don’t push yourself too hard – take baby steps.
- Yoga is not about the perfect pose – it is the connection of your body, mind and spirit. Focus on your breath and let go of your ego.
- Your emotional energy might take over you after or even during the class. It’s ok. Don’t surpress it.
- Embrace being YOU! Yoga is a journey that helps you learn more about your body, your heart and your mind
What to Wear?
Yoga is not about fashion, although we do offer some very nice yoga outfits in our studio.
Always, wear things that our comfortable. Please make sure to think about poses when you will be bending down too – so if you prefer to be covered up, make sure you do not wear a very low neck.
Yes! Yoga is practice bare feet, hence socks don’t belong in the yoga class. So, let you pretty feet shine and air.
Tip: Try not to walk on someone else’s yoga mat! It’s everyone’s personal space.
What to Bring?
First of all, your positive energy! We are here to assist and help you.
You can bring your own towel and mat, but we can also provide you with freshly cleaned mats and towels.
To Eat or Not to Eat?
It’s best not to do a class on a full stomach! On the other hand, it’s also not a good idea to practice on a completely empty stomach either – most people find their first yoga class more physically challenging than they expected. Perhaps eat a small snack beforehand – a banana, a few dates, a handful of nuts or a yoghurt, for example – so you don’t feel light-headed.